Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 - an overview

While this is mainly a beauty blog, I thought I would write a little post about 2012.

I am always up for a bit of corny writing - in fact, I am known for my extra-lengthy greeting cards every year. I will try to keep it simple, but I won't promise anything.

2012 brought some ups and some downs, as every year does. There were things that I discovered in my personal life this year that really got me down; things that I wish I could write about but they're not my secrets to share. Despite this ongoing negativity, I set a challenge for myself in 2012 to search for the positives in my life and embrace them, rather than dwell on things that I cannot control.

If you have been reading this blog from the beginning, you may have noticed the growth of my nails. I was a serial nail-biter for as long as I can remember, and in 2012 I finally curbed the habit. Instead I became rather obsessed with my nails, hence you have seen them featured quite a lot on this blog. My passion for collecting make-up really bloomed this year - I never wore much make-up throughout my school years, but now as I am a university student I feel the freedom to express myself in a way I never knew I could.

I cleaned every inch of my bedroom this year and realised the positive impact of having a tidy room. I took down the remaining wall of 'hardcore music' posters and packed away most of my black band t-shirts under my bed - that phase is over, and I started to embrace a new me. My nail polishes became a decoration in my bedroom this year, as well as my new shoe rack displaying my pretty shoes that I don't wear as often as I'd like to.

Musically, I met 3 musicians I really admire this year. The first being Alexander DeLeon of The Cab whom left me hysterical after meeting (this NEVER happens to me - I spent most of my teenage years waiting for bands after their shows and meeting them, but I NEVER cried!) because he was honestly so kind. The second was the beautiful and inspiring Ed Sheeran who I admire so friggen much - I actually managed to say that to his face! I was very proud of myself ha. He made my sister hysterically cry though. The third was my favourite - little Lewis Watson. If you haven't heard of him yet, I promise you will soon enough - he is a beautiful musician who started on YouTube and signed to Warner this year. I've been a fan from the early days & he knew exactly who I was and let me sing with him in front of a crowd of people this year!! I wasn't very good because I was so nervous, but the fact that I did it at all makes me proud of myself.

The quality of my YouTube covers this year really improved, and I found a new strength in my voice that I hadn't previously had. My cover of Maroon 5's "Payphone" got a lot of attention on both YouTube and SoundCloud (and in my Mum's car - you haven't felt awkward until you're stuck deciding whether or not to sing along with yourself). You can check it out here:


I don't look very attractive, ugh

Of course in 2012, this blog & both of my beauty YouTube channels were born! I am very excited to see where they will take me in 2013.

I think I have written enough now, but I thought I would share some of my thoughts with you as some of my posts are a bit brief.

I haven't set any resolutions for 2013 as I have a habit of not following through with 'goals' as such. However I'd love to gain employment in the following year (please oh please!) and maybe even play a show.... who knows?

Love Krystal xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Hopefully there's more ups than downs.

    ReplyDelete