Thursday 2 January 2014

Welcome, 2014.

Howdy! If you're seeing this post in your feed and thinking "who the heck is this?" I don't even blame you. It has been almost 6 months since my last blog post and it's just shocking really. I have been dedicating a lot of my time to so many things that I have neglected to update this blog. My beauty YouTube channel has taken over my life you could say as I am pushing out 3 videos every week.

December 31st 2013



I was unsure as to what I wanted to post on this blog in 2014 until I thought about using it as a supporting platform for anything I may mention in a video but cannot talk about for too long. I will be posting more notes about certain things and linking the related video in each post. I may occasionally post about separate things too, but for now this is the only use I can (somewhat) guarantee.

To reflect on the last year, 2013 was definitely an improvement from 2012 (which I blogged about here) and I'm so grateful.

I managed to land official employment this year which definitely changed my self-esteem - after struggling to find a job for such a long time I lost my confidence, but after a shaky anxious start I have discovered such a passion for customer service and I love talking with regular customers.

This blog wasn't the only thing neglected - I only posted a shocking 17 videos on my Music YouTube channel over the entire year?! I doubted my voice and my musical abilities entirely until recently - I have rediscovered my voice in a new way and I have been surrounded by encouraging people who are supporting everything I post. I recently posted a cover of One Direction's new song "Half a Heart" which has attracted many more views than I was expecting (so many that it has become my most popular music video I've EVER posted in 3 years?!!) and it has definitely boosted my confidence reading all of the lovely comments.



Health & Fitness wise, I am doing so well. I have successfully been losing weight healthily for over a year now and I can see that I will achieve a healthy weight for my height by the end of 2014 which is both insane and exciting. I have gone from an Australian size 16-18 to a size 12-14 which freaks me out beyond words.


I was able to attend IMATS in Sydney this year which was such a cool experience! To be able to bond with likeminded people was so refreshing and to see all of the people outside of a computer screen? Always surreal!




I am surrounded by such positive people and I feel so lucky to have changed so many aspects of my life in 2013. I have so many wonderful friends which is such a privilege - I am constantly questioning how I got so lucky and struggle to understand why they are going out of their way to be so kind to me (not having nice friends growing up and being bullied a lot REALLY messes with your perception of genuine friends and I constantly doubt everyone).





I have become so much more confident as a person and I think it is shining through in all aspects of my life - I reached 1000 subscribers on Kryzzleberry and that's gotta mean SOMETHING if 1000 people want to listen to me ramble!

Let's not forget in 2013 I got to travel to AMERICA which was surreal and I am already planning to go back as soon as I can.



2014 holds a lot of potential for me - it is my final year of my bachelor degree in Music Business and I have been embarking on freelance activities like Artist Consultancy; as well as swallowing my nerves and applying for big internships. I am hoping to post lots of new content on both YouTube channels - Kryzzleberry currently posts 3 videos a week which I would like to maintain, but I would also like to post on Keepsakex at least once every two weeks if I can.

Hopefully you will hear a lot more from me in 2014 but if not, have a great year & I can guarantee I will at least be back for a cheeseball reflection post in 2015.

Here's a video of 2013 bloopers and highlights to end this post with.
xxxx Krystal



No comments:

Post a Comment